Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Daily News

Not too much new today.  Drove Craig to work this morning so that I could go to the hardware store to purchase some paint for our bedroom.  Purchased 2 gallons of primer and the paint will hopefully be purchased in a couple of days.  I need to prime the walls first as one wall is a very dark green and the other 3 are a very bright green/blue.  So after a day of taking down curtains, rods, shelving and patching holes I will be ready to prime the walls tomorrow.  I will post pictures of before and after once I am completed, hopefully by the weekend.

I took a couple of boxes of household items that we do not need to the wellness centre today and found out that they are having a 'Free Day' tomorrow,  looks like I timed that right.  Other than getting our bedroom ready for paint I organized the office and dining area as we still had a bunch of boxes in both areas.

Craig's boss Grady was in from Florida and before leaving he gave him an Arctic Char that he caught on Sunday so we had that for supper tonight.  It was the perfect size for just the two of us.  Don't think I will ever get tired of eating Char as the flavour is out of this world and today's was so fresh.

We had everything from freezing rain to snow to sunshine today and the thermometer sat around -4'c.  Spent some time outside with the dogs and didn't find it to be that cold.  The backyard has a deck and is enclosed by a sea lift container and fence so we do not feel the wind, Molly is very thankful for that.  Once all the moving boxes are removed I will take pictures of the backyard.  With Craig's help after work we put up a bird feeder on the deck as there are little brown birdies around.  Now the pointers and Mocha have something to watch during the day.

All of the pets are settling in well.  Hannah sleeps most of the day, Blitz is very helpful (sarcasm) with whatever I am doing, and Molly and Mocha spend their time looking out the windows and sleeping.  Molly's coughing has calmed down so I really think it is stress/excitement related.  It acts up whenever she sees a large raven or seagull outside.

Tonight I will relax in front of the TV (got it working yesterday) as Craig went to play darts at the local Elks Club.  I believe the Elks Club is kinda like the Legions in Manitoba but I can not get the image out of my mind that everyone there wears a big furry hat with horns like the Flintstones.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. What a newsy posting Denise! We are enjoying your blog very much. We really enjoyed the shot of the muskox. Don't see too many of those around these days!

    A couple of small bears crossed the road today when I was going to Black Bear for Golf. Looks like it's a little early to put out the bird feeders...

    ReplyDelete