Friday, November 5, 2010

Blizzard

Here I am doing my blog as there is a blizzard outside.  It started here through the night and became worse around mid-day and is continuing until tomorrow.  Craig spent the night at the site as he knew he probably wouldn't make it there this morning and he is not coming home tonight.  Hopefully he will make it home tomorrow after work.

At one point this afternoon I couldn't even see the house across the street from us.  There are no trees here to help block with wind, the houses & buildings help but out in the open you do not see anything.  Where Craig works, it is about 2 miles from town, on top of a hill and out in the open so they can not even see the town or the airport today. The town was literally shut down about 1pm today and I noticed that the kids were not in school today either.  It is not snowing alot but what is on the ground is being picked up and blown around with 40 knots wind.  The temperature is not bad sitting about -10'c better than yesterday where the thermometer was sitting at -23'c. Burrrrr

Yesterday and today I got that look from Molly "You've got to be kidding, I'm not going out there."  I literally had to push her bum outside so that she could go for her pee and poo poos.  Hannah & Blitz really don't care, running and digging in the snow today, they looked like snowman when they came back in the house.

I took a couple of pictures from our back door and outside our windows which I will share with you tonight.  If it calms down tomorrow I will take more pictures to share.  As for tonight,  Jim & Sheila are coming over to keep me company; they have a Hummer and do not live that far away.

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment