Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wicked Arctic Skies

This is a short blog entry tonight as I wanted to share with you what the skies looked like at about 11:00pm today.  Craig and I just finished watching a movie and we were about to close Mocha's window for the night when we noticed the skies.  I have never seen this before up here so I grabbed the Nikon and Craig and I headed to the shore.  The clouds were very dark and mysterious when I first started shooting and became lighter and lighter quite fast. Here's what I captured.
 



 
 
The weather has been rainy here today which equals mud and I'm not sure what I like better the mud or the dust.  I think I am leaning more to the dust.  Last night the sun set for the first time in about 2 months - only for 20 minutes mind you and not really deep down into the horizon.  We still have a little over 2 months before Old Man Winter will make his appearance but for now we will enjoy the Arctic summer.
 
Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment