Monday, July 22, 2013

Kitiga Lake Trip

The crew decided to head to Kitiga Lake yesterday for a day of fishing.  Kitiga Lake is about 30kms from Cambridge Bay and in some spots a really rough quad ride.  I woke up to two things, a sore back and a nail in my quad tire.  I should of hitched a ride with Craig and taken something for my back before we left but I didn't.  I was getting really sore about 7 miles from Kitiga but my stubbornness carried me to the end.  I guess I should of mentioned that Craig fixed my tire before we left and it was and still is fine. Thankfully I have today off and can rest my sore muscles.  It was worth the trip even though none of us caught any fish.  Our sights included a couple of Arctic foxes, muskox and too many swans and snowy owls to count.
 
Commander Jim with Cathy as a passenger and Craig

Kim crossing one of three rivers

Marg's turn to cross the stream

Wayne made it look so easy

And yet another river

This one was a bit deeper - hope you lifted your feet Marg!
 
This is the first time that I have been to Kitiga Lake and the scenery is breathtaking.  We traveled through stinky marsh areas, 3 rivers,  rough terrain, grasslands and hills to get there and I didn't realize how large the lake was.  I decided not to fish yesterday, instead I took some pictures and I found the perfect flat rock to lay on to stretch out my back.  After about 10 minutes I thought that I better get up - if I laid there for any longer I may have fallen asleep or "I have fallen and can't get up" scenario. ha ha
Some places of the shoreline were rocky

View of Kitiga Lake on top of a hill - look closely you will see Craig and Jim in the water

Big skies

Our fishing spot

Sun was shining brightly for us

Muskox skeleton on top of the hill

Flowers and rocks on top of the hill

This is the spot where I laid down

Rocks up high

Spider web - spider is on your right, look close

Kitiga Lake

Beautiful crystal clear waters
 
On the home doggie front, Blitz now has 3 pressure sores from his bandages.  He is pretty sore but he is so good for me if I need to clean his wounds.  As of today, no more bandages for the boy and I hope that he leaves the sores alone so that they heal.  Craig and I took the girls out for a swim as we need to make them happy as Blitz doesn't want to play with his big sisters.  Here's a couple of pics of Blitz's pressure sores.
 
You can tell which one is sore - pretty swollen

My poor boy - here's one of his sores

Molly & Hannah having some water fun without their baby brother.
 

 Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment