Saturday, May 12, 2012

Things I Miss

Besides the obvious of missing Craig and the rest of the pack there are certain things that I miss when away from home.  One is my bed, there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed with your husband, a couple of German Shorthaired Pointers and a Labrador Retriever somewhere in the mix.  It will be great to see them all again tomorrow and I am thinking that Blitz is missing his 'sisters' and his cat Mocha.  

I do miss going to work and the people that I work with, crazy as that may sound it is never a dull moment at Kitikmeot Foods.  I will enjoy hearing the stories of what happened while I was away.  Good thing about going back to work mid-May is that we will not be producing anything during the month of June so I will be alone at the plant playing catch-up.  

I miss the village of Cambridge Bay and the friends that I have made there.  Now don't get me wrong I miss my family and friends in Manitoba but the ones I have made in the North do have a place in my heart as well. 

Now I could turn the table and tell you a couple of things that I truly miss (beside family & friends) when I am in the North.  The big one for me would be trees, I love the look of a big ole tree, the smell of the leaves after a rain, the sound they make in the wind and the shade it provides on a hot summer day.   

Gardening, getting my hands dirty (hardly ever wore gloves) and watching the new growth of a springtime flower.  The smell of a freshly cut lawn....oh how I love that smell.  I did help my mom around her house a bit and yes I got a little dirt under my finger nails and oh my did it feel good.

All in all, Blitz and I had a nice relaxing vacation and I am glad that everyone got the chance to see the real goofball that he is.  I think he made everyone laugh at one point.  We want to say thank you to everyone that played hostess and host to us, you have no idea how much that means to me.

My next posting will likely be tomorrow after we get settled in. 

Talk soon!

Blitz playing Guard Dog at Sandy & Keith's
My friend Angie and her newest grandchild, Bentley
Me and my buddy Ashton (Angie's grandchild)
After three years of trying to be friends with my mom's cat Smokey, I think Blitz finally did it.
Sandy's amazing anniversary flowers, this plant had 5 blooms on it.
One very tired boy, his eyes always turn red when he is over tired.
Did I mention how tired he is tonight?
Good nite everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment