Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thank you YK

This week didn't really go as planned, I thought I would have my physio appointments in the morning and then be free for the rest of the day to shop, visit with friends and to explore more of Yellowknife but instead most of my time was spent at Stanton Hospital.  Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that my physiotherapist Erica pushed to have all of the tests done and that we finally found out what is wrong with my ankle. Erica wished she had the CT results in front of her for me to take pictures, CT would show the injury much better.  She did bring up the x-rays and of course let me take pictures. She will be calling me in a couple of weeks to see how I am doing and in the future I may have to return here to see her again.  I did manage to get all of my little shopping done and to meet with our Yellowknife sales rep Jack today for lunch and a toot around Old Town.

After my appointments at Stanton this morning Jack met me shortly after lunch at the hotel and brought me into Old Town.  I forgot how much I adore this quacky piece of YK's history.  I really wished I had more time in Old Town but we did manage to head over to Weaver & Devore.  They have been in business forever and they sell everything from groceries to clothing, kinda like an old time general store.  They are one of our clients and I wanted to see what they were all about and to meet the owners. 

After that Jack took me across the street for lunch at Bullock's Bistro where I was introduced to Sam, the owner of this great restaurant and our largest client in Yellowknife.  I wish I would of taken inside pictures of this little gem as the walls, ceiling, bar, actually everything is either etched or written on by their guests.  There were many people dining and I didn't want to disturb their lunch with picture taking.

After lunch Jack drove around Old Town and some of the newer parts of Yellowknife and then returned me to my hotel room.  I am packed and ready to head out tomorrow morning, back to CamBay, can't wait to see everyone as it seems like I have been here forever.  Now don't get used to all of this blogging as our fall fish harvest awaits me and it goes from now until mid-September.  I will try to post at least once a week for you, until then....

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment