Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It Finally Arrived

The weather man has been forecasting a blizzard to arrive last night and into today for the past couple of days and while laying in bed this morning I heard no howling wind so I knew I had to get my butt out of bed and into the shower.  Craig took a personal day today in the hopes that we both would have the day off.  Going home for lunch today I noticed that the visibility had decreased from this morning and by 2:00pm we received the call that the town was shutting down.  Woot Woot!!!  I think that the whole town is happy because it's been about 2 years since we had a storm day. 
 
You have seen many pics of this boat and the old Hudson Bay Company house
and today you can't see the bay behind it.

Pic on the way home

One of the streets

Normally you would see the bay and the Loran Tower

I am about a block away from my work - the large blue building.
Did you notice the brave person walking in this?

Standing on our driveway looking at our neighbour's home

This snow is sticking to our windows

Blitz and I played a bit of ball when I got home
 
 
Nunatsiaq News has used a couple more of my pictures this past month which I am just thrilled about.  The first one is when the sun rose after 6 weeks of hibernation.  The clouds were coming in with the sun peeking above.
 

 
The next one is of this fantastic snow inuksuk that William Palvialok made.  It was located on top of a small hill, I say 'was' as it toppled down.  Not sure if it was due to the winds or vandalism, I am hoping it was the wind.  I will be printing him a copy as he was so proud of his structure.
 
 
I loved this inuksuk so much that last weekend I took three of my favorite people out for a photo shoot, Annie, Alice and her daughter Kayla.  As you know I do not photograph people much but I couldn't resist my little friend Kayla. 
 
This is the face I couldn't resist - my little buddy Kayla. 
 
Kayla and the inuksuk

Kayla and Little Annie

Two great ladies that I work with: Alice and Annie

I had to take this pic to show off their parkas that they made. 
The amazing thing is that Annie who is about 4 1/2 feet tall not only made her parka
but caught the wolverine that is on it.

Kayla watching the jet come in - I was driving and just grabbed the camera

Alice trying to hang on to Kayla

I told the ladies to hug each other and they started to laugh

Beautiful girl against the beautiful Arctic skies
 
I belong to a German Shorthaired Pointer group on Facebook and have became virtual friends with some of them.  For the second time the dogs and I received a parcel in the mail.  This time around was from my Alaskan friend Antje and the dogs were so happy to get the treats that she sent.
 
Here's Blitz trying to get into the parcel

Miss Molly opening her presents

Hannah wasn't sure what do it with them

Blitz sure did

Hannah ended up with all three of the moose antlers

Here they are with their presents from their Alaskan Auntie

She is also a photographer and sent me these wonderful greeting cards
 


Last Sunday Hannah was having a good day and the weather wasn't too bad outside so we headed out by the golf course to play a little ball.  Hannah of course fell numerous times but it was so good to be out with her and she really enjoyed herself.
 
Hannah playing ball

Blitz is waiting for me to pick up the ball to throw

Miss Molly bringing back the ball. 
The yacht in the background is one of two that are here for the winter

Watching everyone else play

Blitz and Molly

One tired dog after her outing

The seniors hanging out together

Blitz watching our neighbour clean off his snow machine
 
I leave you tonight with Fuzzy Feet Molly. 
Every winter the fur between her toes grow so long that they cover her pads.
 
Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment