Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year from the Canadian Arctic!

I would like to wish all of my readers a happy 2013 filled with much love, good health, peace and topped with a helping of chocolate sauce and whipping cream, don't forget the cherry on top.  The end of a year some people reflect on the past and what could of been.  I would rather look to the future, even though I do not set resolutions as I have learnt that they are sometimes unrealistic.  I did set one resolution this year and it is to simply remember to write 2013 instead of 2012.
 
I look forward to another year in the far Canadian Arctic and meeting new friends and cherishing the ones that are dear to me, both near and far. We will be flying out again soon to meet our long time and great friends Sandy & Keith in Antigua.  After many years as friends this is our first time that our schedules matched and we can get away somewhere hot together.  I can not wait to see them as it has been a few months since the last time we seen each other and we always have a great time together. We had some great conversations with our friends during the holiday season and it makes me miss each and everyone of you even more.
 
 After spending some time in Alberta & Florida recently with some family I realized how blessed we are to have a wonderful family that we get along with as...well more than just family but also friends. Spring will be the time when we can hopefully head back to Manitoba and I hope we can see a lot of family this time as it has been forever.  Just remember that you are all kept close to our hearts even though we live so far away.
 
Craig & I are doing well and had a wonderful holidays season with our family of 3 dogs and 1 cat.  It is too cold to head out with the dogs for a run with wind chills getting close to -50'c so I have been getting a bit nutty with pictures of the Shorthairs.  Today's pics are a sample of the craziness and I hope I have put a smile on your face and a chuckle in your voice.
 
Talk soon!
 
Getting some daylight but no sun yet
 Blitz modelling a hunter's hat with ear flaps
 Blitz not so happy but Molly is as proud as she can be
 Remember the movie Fargo?
 Dude
 Cool Blitz
 Baseball anyone?
 Going 'crabbing', all he needs is a rain coat and boots
DAWG!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment