Monday, October 28, 2013

Just Because

I really do not have much new to tell you since yesterday except that I did my duty and voted today. I did get some photos that I wanted to share with you. Some of the sunrise this morning and some of the sunset.  Lovin' these Arctic skies this time of year.
 
I was heading to work and had to stop and take a few pictures of the sunrise this morning

This is the first gravesite at the old cemetery - all crosses are made of wood

This is cool - an ice sculpture made from the ice that blew onto the shore this past weekend

Some more ice along the shore at sunset

Now you wouldn't catch me on the ice at this time of year. 
The RCMP actually had a talk with this guy when we come to shore.
 
One of the sad realities of living here are the danger that Arctic foxes can pose on people and their pets.  I seen the by-law officer shoot a couple of these beautiful animals today because someone left a full seal carcass along the shoreline and the foxes came in to feed.  I have such mixed feelings as I understand the danger of transmitting rabies but they are the ones that die because of human error.  I seen many Arctic foxes today, either on the ice of the bay or at the dump.  Here are a couple of the pictures taken today.
 
This guy was at the dump looking for some food

This one came out of one of the wrecks at the metal dump and was curious of me.
 
I leave you with a couple more pictures of a canine that has a much better life then the foxes.  Blitz, when tired will find a pillow or cushion and curl up on it, not beside it but on it.

Talk soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love the ice sculpture, that is just phenomenal. I really enjoy reading your blog. And of course, I love Blitzy-Boy! He has stolen my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antje! Pictures don't do the ice sculpture justice - it's amazing. I seen the guy working on it this past weekend but didn't have my camera with me. Blitzy boy sends his Arctic love to his Alaskan Auntie. :)

      Delete