Thursday, December 2, 2010

"OK who turned out the lights?"

It was a bit weird for me when we arrived back home in Cambridge Bay on Tuesday at 2:30pm in total darkness.  My body was tired from travelling and getting over the flu and then someone decided to turn out the lights here in the north.  It will be a while before I get used to this darkness.  It is not total darkness yet but I haven't seen the sun since I've been back.  It's more like twilight mid-day and then darkness.  The lights are on for most of the day here in the house and I've been told that you should keep as many lights on to help you get through this period with no sun.  Don't worry parents I have stocked up on our Vitamins!

Travel was a bit interesting when we returned, Blitz decided to go for a run in Edmonton International Airport.  Kinda funny, OK REALLY funny as it was Craig dealing with him and not me.  I was outside with our luggage and Molly as he brought in Hannah and Blitz and as he was putting Blitz into his kennel he bolted.  Hannah wasn't in her kennel yet so Craig wasn't sure what to do but this nice dog friendly lady told him that she would after Hannah as Craig chased Blitz down the airport.  If anyone knows Blitz personally you can just imagine him saying "I'M FREE!"  as he was running and looking back at Craig.  Then everything went smoothly after that until we arrived in Cambridge Bay when Rudy at the airport confirmed that he had the paperwork for our 2 dogs.  Excuse me?!  There better be three dogs on that plane or it's turning around to retrieve the third one.  Thankfully all three dogs arrived back home safely.

Yesterday was a good day, got word that the house in Manitoba sold.  As they say third time is a charm.  It was a good offer with limited conditions and it seems like both parties are happy with the decisions made.  We actually ran into the buyers while we were shoveling at the house when we were home.  Very nice couple so I am glad that it is them as they seem to really love the house.  Craig and I have mixed feeling about the sale as it was a wonderful home and we will take away a lot of great memories.  On the other hand...so glad to have it finally sold.

Today's pictures are of some of the aftermath of the two blizzards that hit here while we were away, of the darkness and one of Mocha and Blitz: together again.

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment