Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Prep

You could say we have been busy this past week and a bit getting ready for Christmas.  I have baked about 5 dozen Pecan Puffs, lost count how many gingerbread men, 5 Papa's tourtieres with the relish, a granola mix and I think I am done baking.  We also put up the new purchases from Ikea around the house and of course decorated it for the Holiday Season.  

We had a few friends over last Saturday night for some Christmas Cheer.  It was our first get together in our new home and I think it was a success.  Everyone brought something to eat or drink and in the morning I had a pair of shoes, a red truck, an eye mask and lots of leftovers....wasn't that a party!  haha  We have been invited over to Jim & Sheila home for Christmas dinner and we will head over there once Craig is done work at 4pm.  Work you say?  Yes he works Monday to Saturday no matter if it is a holiday or not.

So glad that yesterday was Winter Solstice as I can not wait to see the sun again.  It hasn't been as bad as I thought but I sure do miss seeing that bright yellow circle in the sky. It doesn't get completely dark all day long, kinda like twilight for a couple of hours midday and then it becomes dark.   The skies are really beautiful today with shades of pink, purple and blue.  Might have to drive Craig to work this afternoon so I can take some pictures.

I have alot of pictures to share with you today, some house stuff, animals and of the get together last weekend ending with our Christmas Tree.

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment