Monday, December 27, 2010

Holidays

We spent Christmas Eve by ourselves, we have never spent Christmas Eve by ourselves in the 22 years that we have known each other as it was always spent with family.  We called, emailed and did some facetime with our families and friends as Craig was working on Christmas day.  Jim and Sheila stopped by with a beautiful gift, a set of three prints of Inuit life for us and some very squeaky toys for the dogs...thank you, I will get you back! haha  Oh yeah and a furry mouse for Mocha which Blitz just loves. We opened up our gifts to each other that evening and left the rest for Christmas day.  I bought Craig an IPad and the animals bought him the cover and the camera adaptor.  I received a stocking full of goodies and a great pair of Arctic mitts and a trapper's hat to keep me warm.  Of course my new lens was also part of my gift from Craig. 

Christmas day started off with a bang in Cambridge Bay with a blizzard and Craig managed to get to work for 8am but much to my surprise was home at 10am.  They sent him and Jack home so that they wouldn't be stuck on the site for the holiday.  The rest of the day was spent hanging out and then getting ready to head over to Jim and Sheila's for Christmas dinner.

Dinner was great with all of trimmings.  Ryan and Terry dropped by to wish everyone a Merry Christmas before heading over to a friends home for dinner.  They also invited Marg and Cat and the new RCMP officer Jason over for dinner.  Jason was still on duty but made it for dinner and returned once off duty for some games and cheer.  Sheila put together a stocking for all of us with some goodies and a game inside, what a sweetheart.  We headed home in the blizzard just past midnight with a bag full of goodies and some turkey leftovers to make some homemade soup.

Yesterday was spent playing with the new IPad until I received a call from a couple in town, Stewart and Amanda.  I vaccinated their puppy a couple of weeks ago and Oreo had been ill since Christmas night.  She was a bit dehydrated so I gave her a bit of fluids under the skin, checked her temperature, gave her some gravol and told them to fast her for 24 hours.  Not much more I can do.  I received a call from Amanda this morning and poor little Oreo is still vomiting so I told her to call Yellowknife vet to see if they think she should be flown out today.  I feel sorry for these little pups as they are so fragile and there is no veterinarian care for them here, closest vet would be Yellowknife and then Edmonton.  I hope that she will be fine as she is such a nice little pup and the owners are so caring and love her alot.  I will keep you posted on Oreo.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and spent it with loved ones. We missed spending Christmas  with our blood families but as I always say, good friends are like family and we spent Christmas with family in Cambridge Bay.  

The pictures today are from Christmas day and yesterday.

Talk soon!


2 comments:

  1. Denise, We just want to Thank You for writing this Blog, for keeping all of us together.

    Jim and I can't say Thank You enough to You and Craig, Marg and Cat, and Jason for sharing Christmas with us. It was the best way to spend the day - all Together.

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you guys. It was a great day spending it with some great friends, food and drink. Oh yeah can't forget the IPads. haha

    Thank you two for hosting Christmas dinner.

    ReplyDelete