Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mocha

Some of you may not know that we have a cat as I am always talking or posting pictures of the dogs.  Here's a little bit of history of our Mocha.  Mocha is originally from the animal rescue shelter that I managed, she came to us with kittens and was one nasty cat.  Anyone that worked with her has scars to prove it.  She was free roaming at the shelter and would attack any dog that came near her;  no kidding she would make them bleed.  After leaving the shelter after 5 years I felt sorry for Mocha as she was our longest residence so I took her home on my last day.  Everyone thought I was crazy as I had dogs and she hated dogs, at the time we also had one other cat.  I am not much of a cat person, but I thought that Mocha needed a home where she could live her life peacefully...we were hoping.

Mocha's attitude changed for the better at the house.  She was not looking out into the streets but now had trees with birds in them, squirrels, bunnies and the odd fox or deer to look at.  She respected our other cat Shadow and started to get along with our dog Calla.  I couldn't believe the difference in her, who thought that a safe warm home would change her so much.  After Shadow and Calla passed away she went into a bit of a depression, not eating for a few days and hiding in her scratching post.  And people say that animals don't have feelings.

She and I have an understanding, I feed her and clean her litter box and she doesn't bother with me too much.  A great relationship!  She would rather be with Craig, which is just fine with me.  Again, don't get me wrong I love Mocha and I am glad that I took her home that day 5 years ago I just wish she was a dog. haha

Then Blitz came into the picture.  She looked at me as if to say "what the hell is that?"  Blitz was determined to be her friend and in the end they are the best buddies.  Blitz gets very upset when someone picks up Mocha or pets her, as if to say that's my cat.  They have this loving relationship that many of us could learn from, two different species loving each other unconditionally.

So we have been home for over a week now and in Mocha's eyes we just arrived.  She still is meowing at 3 in the morning and God forbid you get up in the middle of the night to go pee.  She is in the bathroom so fast brushing up against your legs as you are sitting on the toilet.  She is not allowed in our bedroom at night for a couple of reasons, my allergies and any move she makes Blitz gets up to investigate.

Today's pictures are of Mocha & Blitz and my wish today that you learn from their unconditional love.

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment