Saturday, October 2, 2010

P.A.I.N.T.

What a week!!!  I think I have painted everything but the kitchen sink, if it was white I would of painted that too.  After two coats of primer and two coats of paint on the walls and three coats on the ceiling the office is done.  All we have to do now is put up some shelves, hang pictures and find another desk for Craig's computer.  Thank you to my husband who painted the ceiling and helped with the walls.  Trim is not done as I am still waiting for the hardware store to get in some semi-gloss paint.

The walls in the office were a very bright yellow with a teddy bear theme.  We initially thought the ceiling was white but after painting the walls it had a tint of yellow. The room seems much larger now with the grey-blue colour on the walls.  The pictures tonight are of the office, before and after.

We purchased a small dining set this week and it is so nice to sit at a table and have dinner instead of sitting on the couch and eating on the coffee table.  We also purchased two dressers, one for me and one for Craig.  It is a dark espresso colour so I had to purchase some paint for our night stands, now they match.  I also painted the 4 pine shelves white that were in the office and hopefully tomorrow we will put them on the wall for storage.  Next on the list for painting is the main living area, dining and kitchen.

It is starting to feel like home, everyone is settling in including me.  I have met some wonderful people here, every time I go out there is a new person to meet.  Tomorrow we are off to Jim & Sheila's home for a Sunday dinner where I will be introduced to a couple of their friends.  Tonight it's the Bomber game.

Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment