Thursday, May 29, 2014

Trying To Get Back to Normal

Life has changed in the LeBleu Pack since we said good-bye to Hannah, we have tried to do things for the shorthairs to help them get through this also.  I think it not only helps them but us also.  I was worried about Blitz as he was so attached to Hannah but Miss Molly is also feeling the loss.  They both have been quiet and more of a Velcro dog than normal. 
 
When we arrived in Winnipeg we picked up the rental vehicle and headed to Carman to spend the days there.  Every day was beautiful and we spent them walking the Carman Diversion and on her final evening we headed out to take pictures of her and the sunset. 
 
A water dog will find any water - whether it be a lake or a puddle

I wanted a serious picture of Blitz and this is what I got

Watching the barn swallows


The girl loves her water

Finally got her out for a quick picture
 
Hannah had no desire to enter the water which is so unlike her
Instead she walked and rested

This is what Blitz looked like after spending the afternoon
at the Carman Diversion.
Needless to say he and Molly received a bath at Granny's

Some blossoms emerging

Mom's bleeding hearts were blooming also

My love for trees drew me to this one in a field
 
Her final evening with us
 
The sunset the night before Hannah left us
 
 
Thank you to our friends Sandy and Keith for looking after the shorthairs so Craig and I could spend our final hours with Hannah.  We spent the couple of hours sharing our lunch with her while walking through the gardens at Assiniboine Park.
 
 
We headed to Craig's parents in Lac du Bonnet for the next few days after Hannah's appointment where it was peaceful and quiet just what we all needed.  Every day was warm and the shorthairs enjoyed their time playing in the lake or running in the field.  We tried to keep them busy and when things were quiet so were they. 
 
Miss Molly

Blitz

Checking out the tweety birds in the field

Miss Molly and Blitz
 
There are some beautiful scenery in Manitoba and areas of Lac du Bonnet are no exception.  I enjoyed the quiet times taking pictures in an area of Manitoba that I love.  One place I wanted to go and take pictures is a well known place called Coca-Cola Falls.  Anyone who has ever been to the area knows of the falls and this year they are flowing fast and loud and you can see why they are called Coco-Cola Falls.
 



 
 
Plants and trees are blooming around the area and the skies and water were like a mirror.  A great opportunity to capture in pictures.
 




The skies were on fire this evening

Mirror

Final evening in Lac du Bonnet
 
We came back to Winnipeg yesterday to pick up Hannah's remains and today Craig is preparing to head back to Nunavut with Molly.  He is leaving early as his boss from North Carolina is there and wanted Craig to be there also.  Blitz and I will hang out until Monday and after we bring Craig to the airport we will head over to the Canadian Animal Blood Bank where Blitz will donate blood.  We don't have much on the agenda for the rest of our time here in Manitoba, the only thing that I have is I am getting another tattoo tomorrow.  This time it is of my first dog, Akai a Doberman.  You see all of my other dogs have their paw print on me but since Akai was my first dog she deserves a portrait.
 
Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment