Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5th...My Sweetie's Birthday

Today is Craig's birthday and he actually took the day off, a personal day.  Marg and Cat met us for lunch at the lodge and Rebecca (our friend and the manager) surprised Craig with a slice of Happy Cake.  I was finished work early so Craig and I hopped on our ATVs for the first time this year and headed out onto the land.  What a beautiful day to be out.  We haven't seen the sun much lately but today it was shining bright in the skies.  We headed out of town as the road to the cabins were open and we could make it all the way to the water....hmmm should I say ice.  Thought we seen some seals on the ice but after looking through my big 500mm lens it was not.  We didn't much for wildlife except tons of birds and on the way home seen a lemming so we stopped and took a couple of pics of it and of course left it some almonds to munch on.

This past week we had to send Hannah to the vet in Yellowknife as she had been off her food.  It was very difficult for me to let her go all by herself, I couldn't get the time off work.  I'm not sure who was having a more difficult time with her not being home, me or Blitz.  He was so sad all he did was eat and sleep, no playtime. So after a week at the hospital and after many exams and tests my orthopedic dog has been getting worse plus she had laryngitis.  Basically she has bad arthritis from her shoulders down her spine to her hips where the vet mentioned hip dysplasia.  I have requested that her records and x-rays be sent to her vet in Winnipeg to see if she is a candidate for hip surgery.  If I can make her final years of her life more comfortable I would rather do it now instead of later when she is much too old.  For now we will give her some pain relief and live one day at a time...just like Hannah.

Talk soon!




 Cat, Marg and Craig having a Birthday Lunch
American Golden Plovers - look very closely
Our destination...The Northwest Passage
Still lots of snow on the ground and ice everywhere
Our 'road' to the water
Our view
I do love this spot
Craig soaking up the sun and looking out onto the Passage
My little lemming friend
The day Hannah came back home, everyone was very happy to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment