Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hawaii Comes to CamBay

That's right you read it correctly, Hawaii came to the North last night.  The Local Elks held a dinner and dance last night and the theme was Hawaiian Luau.  Chef Andy and the students from the Nunavut Arctic College prepared a wonderful meal of roasted pig with all of the fixings.  Throughout the evening there were 50/50 draws and once they reached the $500.00 mark they would draw someone's number.  Our table won 4 times out of 7, not bad odds and yes Craig and I were one of the winners.  The Elks donated their winnings to the Walk for a Cure. 

I also attended another Saturday Market this weekend with my pictures and I sold 9 pieces.  I was unsure if I was going or not as I am still under the weather a bit with this bronchitis.  I am glad that I went as I got to see some people that I haven't talked to in a while.

Speaking of pictures, I bought a used lens this past week a 70-300mm and the dog pictures from today are with the new lens.  I was also pleased when one of my pictures was picked to be part of the 'cover art' on a group that I belong to on Facebook;  Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography.  I won the wildlife category with a picture of one of my Arctic foxes.  I have included that picture tonight along with some pics from last night and today.

Today we headed out with the dogs for an afternoon of playing ball and running.  The house is very quiet tonight as everyone, including Craig, is napping. 

Talk soon!

 Chef Andy and the students
Vicki and Craig at the Arctiki Shooter Bar
Vicki being a....monkey
 Marg and myself with our winnings
One happy Labrador
Molly having some fun in the deep snow
Blitz running hard - check out those ears!
Snow covered face Molly
A bit of frozen spit on his face - YUK!
Hannah after her day out
Blitz under the blankets - got a little chilled today
My family (missing is Mocha)
Two BFFs sharing some cat grass
The cover art from Nature, Wildlife & Pet Photography page

No comments:

Post a Comment