Monday, November 28, 2011

Things in Common

So what does the local Cubs, Premier of Nunavut, Ford trucks and muskox burgers all have in common?  ME!  Last week my week started off great as I was asked to help the local Cubs get their Pet Care Badge.  I was very honoured to have been asked to help out the kids and last Tuesday evening Hannah and I headed over to the elementary school.  Hannah is an old pro at doing educational tours as we used to do them when we lived in Manitoba.  She is so good at her 'job' and the kids loved her.  We talked about basic pet care and canine safety and the kids got a hands on lesson.  We were asked to return tomorrow to finish their lessons on cat care and to refresh their memory on canine safety.  I will be bringing Molly with me this time.

The following day I was pleased to have a visit from Nunavut's Premier, Eva Aariak at the plant.  She arrived with her entourage of 8 staff members.  She was very excited to be at the plant and to purchase muskox meat and Arctic char and every person left there with a bag full of goodies.  I hope I meet her again in the future.

We have been pondering the idea of purchasing another truck as the little Ranger is just too small for us, especially when we take out the three dogs.  Well we bit the bullet and purchased a 2008 F150 Ford XLT super cab.  We purchased it from the local Northern Store on Friday and had the registration and insurance done today.  Funny thing is we get it registered here in town but the insurance is done from Nunavut Insurance in...Winnipeg.

Saturday was the big Christmas Bazaar here in CamBay with a start time of 1pm.  I was a little bit frightened when Fred opened the doors as I think everyone from town rushed in.  I met some new people and talked to many friends that visited my tables.  I had a wonderful response from people that purchased my book and was quite embarrassed when I was asked to sign it.   It was a great afternoon and in the end I sold 72 pieces.   

Sunday was Grey Cup day and as most of you know my team did not win.  I knew it was gonna be tough for them to win against BC but my optimistic nature was trying to stay positive.  We had Stephane, Sheila and Jim over to watch the game (thanks for bringing the apple crisp).  This past weekend Stephane worked on a new recipe for our muskox burgers and we all got to taste them yesterday.  All I can say is OMG, they were amazing.  We decided to go all natural with the burgers as it didn't make sense to us to take this natural meat off the land and throw unnatural ingredients in it.  Now we can say our Muskox burgers are all natural with no preservatives. 

On November 30th the sun will set and rise again mid-January.  My plants are already suffering and I think I may have to buy a grow light so I don't loose them all.  In a week we will be heading south to visit family and friends and I can't believe it's been 6 months since the last time I was there, for Craig it will be 10 months.  We have a blizzard warning in effect tonight and tomorrow so we will see if we head to work, might have to be an early day for me and Craig just may have to stay at the Site tomorrow night.  I'm not scared of a little blizzard as I now have a 4 x 4 just like my friend Marg! haha

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment