Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Leaving Tiny Paw Prints on Our Hearts

As most of you know we had been fostering two husky cross puppies from day one as their momma had a tough time and didn't want anything to do with the last two survivors. Well the day came last Friday when these little ones left us for their forever home.  It was a heart wrenching day for me to say the least as I have come attached to these little fur balls.
 
Craig and I met our friend Kelly at the airport as she was taking them with her to her sister's family in PEI.  Yes these little boys found a home in PEI and I couldn't of asked for a better home with 6 kids, another dog and plenty of room to grow and play...and the best thing is that they get to grow up and stay together forever.  I lost it when they came to take the boys to put them on the plane and had to leave the airport quickly.  I decided to watch them get loaded onto the plane and watch the plane take off, crying all the way.
 
I've had fosters before but they are usually only around for a few days and then it's off to SPCA in Yellowknife so there is really no time to get attached to them.  This time was so different and all of us had become so attached to these boys, even Blitz who was pretty sad all weekend.  But we kept him busy and today he is doing much better.  Here are some pics of Shadow (tan one) and of Bleu (blue eyed and named after us), the children had renamed them and we love their new names.  I received an email from their new family and they arrived safely and sounds like they have made themselves right at home...as it should be.
 
Shadow


Baby Bleu


Bleu was always jumping on Shadow


The Boys


So sleepy - get this camera away from my face


He's such a lazy puppy laying down to eat


I would howl and they would howl back


The last night with us - looks like those ears will stand up
well at least one


Such a beautiful face on Shadow


The boys and I


Blitz having a last play date with Shadow
 
Sunday was not only Father's Day but it was also Molly's 13th Birthday.  I still cannot believe that she is 13 and if it wasn't for her powder face you would never know she was.  The weather wasn't too bad that day so we pulled out the Commander, loaded the dogs and drove to Mt. Pelly for a good ole swim in a pond and a tundra romp.  After a couple of hours of exploring and relaxing we loaded everyone up again and headed towards gravel pit road (which is along the shoreline of the Northwest Passage).  The wind was cold coming off the Arctic waters which still have plenty of ice on it.  We didn't go all the way to Long Point but maybe this weekend we will.  Some of the following pics of the dogs are from another day.
 
The Birthday Girl
 
Blitz and Molly beside an inuksuk


Goofy boy on a rock


At 13 she is one tough cookie going into ponds with
ice still on them


"Singing the song of my people"


I really love this shot as it shows pure joy of being in the water
after a long winter


Just about got this speckle goose


Elvis, I mean Blitz
 
With temperatures a bit below normal and cloudy skies the ice is slowly melting.  The pics below are in and around CamBay and of the river finally opening up.
 
 I really love to photograph this old fishing boat and North West Company building

Komatik along the shoreline of the bay with caribou hides hanging on it
This shot was in Nunatsiaq News


Looking west on the bridge at Freshwater Creek


Looking east - the green is ice under the water


A lot of break up


I had my rubber boots on and waded into the bay for this shot.
I could feel the coldness of the water...brrrrr
 
Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment