Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Hannah

As the saying goes, how time flies when you are having fun.  I can not believe that my Hannah Banana is 12 years old today.  I still remember the day when she came into the shelter and I fell in love with her as soon as I seen her.  She was this skinny, beat up and scared yellow lab but I knew we would make a great match.  In the years that followed she attended obedience classes, became a St. John's Ambulance Therapy Dog, helped bring awareness to homeless canines and taught many children about bite prevention.  All in all a great canine citizen.
 
How could you not love a Hannah?  She loves everyone and everything and she is known as my flower child.  She has been through some major surgeries in her life, 2 spine surgeries and a shoulder surgery.  You would never know she has orthopedic problems when you see her chase a ball on the tundra.  She has slowed down these past couple of years as now Blitz can beat her to the ball. 
 
She is my favorite yellow dog and I now cherish each year we have with her as I know her time is limited on this earth.  But for now we will love her and make her comfortable in her senior years.
 
Happy Birthday Hannah Banana!
 
Talk soon!


Hannah watching Craig make her pumpkin birthday biscotti
 Out of the oven to cool, then we cut and bake for another 30 minutes
 Everyone waiting for their share in the biscotti
Happy Birthday to the Best Yellow Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment