Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Old Man Winter Has Arrived

We knew he was coming and he arrived over night in Cambridge Bay.  We woke up this morning with the wind howling up to 70km and the snow blowing.  Visibility was only 1km this morning when I took Craig to work.  He was driving his quad to work since he's been back at the Dew Line Site but today it was just too horrible outside.   Looks like we will have to store the quads, picnic table and our outdoor chairs in the sea container for the next 8 months.  Can you believe it, we will have snow for the next 8 months or more!  Craig turned the switch on the furnace from summer mode to winter mode when we got home today from work.  I was hoping for a couple more weeks of no snow but looks like I am out of luck.

I have been busy this week printing, mounting, matting and framing some of my pictures as I am going into my first Saturday Market here in Cambridge Bay this Saturday, October 1st. I am hoping to be completed by Wednesday as I still have some baking to do for the fundraiser that evening.  It's going to be a busy day for me as I set up in the morning, be at the market until 3pm and then at 4pm I help Angela set up for the fundraiser Saturday night.  It will be a busy and fun-filled day. 

Work is still busy, just a different busy.  Our business manager from Rankin Inlet will arrive this Thursday and I am looking forward to his 'helping' visit.  We will be finished processing Arctic char this week and then our focus will turn to muskox for the next 8 weeks.  The dogs will be happy as I bring home  meat scraps for them to add to their diet along with the odd bone or two.

Will let you know how things go this weekend until then...

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment